Handcrafted Ceramics by Swan Whigham

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pictures



I think I have beat the system! I needed a graduated backdrop to take pictures of my ceramic pieces- but the backdrops cost no less than $ 35.00. Although I may get one in the future to take even better photos of my work, I decided to take things into my own hands. I made a graduated backdrop by taking black- out fabric, turning it over to the white side and painted it black fading to white. I then made my own "light -box"by setting up two blank canvases on either side of the backdrop. I mounted the camera on a tripod (with the help of a clamp because the screw is missing on the tripod), and set the spot light with a piece of white paper over it just behind and above the camera. Viola! Semi-professional pictures! I really don't know a thing about photography, but theses pictures satisfied my expectations, for now! See these and more postings on my Etsy site!

No comments:

Post a Comment